Taken during last month’s Kayaking event.
Sigma 150mm f/2.8 EX APO Macro EX DG HSM
Sharpen and Levels.
If I can sum up the last month in one word it would be ‘frustrating’. Because I know you are all desperate to know why, here is my list (so far):
1. When you buy a brand new Apple MacBook Pro, you expect it to be fast…and it is, except when you are trying to run all your most-used software (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Firefox) because they all need to go through Rosetta, slowing things (and me) down by a factor of three.
2. When I order something, I want it yesterday. If I can get a ballistic nylon protective cover for the laptop from the US in 6 days, then I expect to get things INSIDE MY OWN COUNTRY faster. I am 8 weeks waiting for my Wacom Tablet, with hundreds of dollars of work being affected everyday.
3. When I pay through the nose to get the fastest broadband speeds available, I expect high speed – not 1/2 speed, or as it was yesterday – FREAKING DIAL-UP SPEED in the middle of a project.
4. No one told me that having a network storage drive was going to be such a pain in the arse. It is soooo sloooow, and then my PC insists on making every filename in capitals, and the Mac doesn’t like refreshing the folder contents. I hope the 320Gb Firewire drive I am getting is faster.
5. Because of these slow-downs, I have had little inclination or opportunity to take new photos, and even less to maintain this site. The fact I have this amazingly frustrating glob on my D2X’s sensor doesn’t help.
On the upside, I did have the most AMAZING experience skydiving last week, and I think the worst is behind me. Ok, you can go back to your own exciting lives now…
- Aperture: ƒ/4
- Camera: NIKON D70
- Focal length: 150mm
- ISO: 200
- Shutter speed: 1/500s